The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on a Laptop.

+3
Open Circle
Drag
CkSned
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Advice on a Laptop. - Page 2 Empty Re: Advice on a Laptop.

Post  Drag Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 pm

but the program he needs to run is tailored for macs, hes gonna have a hard time up keeping a windows machine to run it smoothly

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  Oh No Im A Noob Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Drag wrote:but the program he needs to run is tailored for macs, hes gonna have a hard time up keeping a windows machine to run it smoothly
there are programs tailored to macs? LOL. how do you put training wheels on a program?
Oh No Im A Noob
Oh No Im A Noob
Bringer of Lulz
Bringer of Lulz

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh No Im A Noob wrote:Don't pay 3x the amount for basic computer parts in a shiny box (aka, don't buy a mac). Soon you'll be one of those pretentious fags sitting in a coffee shop wearing pseudo-intellectual glasses talking in a metrosexual tone of voice and sipping soy lattes.

I would never be like that, infact I hate those people.

I would never even have considered buying a mac before this. I wasnt particularly a fan, they just make everything super complicated to do. But I need it for the purpose of running this program. It would just run alot better and look better grapically on a mac than windows. Plus a 13inch is more practical for taking back and forth to class.
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

https://www.youtube.com/CkSned

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:56 am

Drag wrote:but the program he needs to run is tailored for macs, hes gonna have a hard time up keeping a windows machine to run it smoothly

I agree with Noob,

There are ways to make a PC boot Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or any of the newer Mac OS's I am pretty sure "Boot Camp" will do it when configured to run from DOS. I know that the reverse works (Boot Camp running on Mac OS 10.6 launched from "Terminal" can boot Windows 7 in Parallels)

So, long story short, do some research, make sure it is possible (I am like 95% sure it CAN be done, may take some work though) If it is then but a beast of a Lappy as you need at least a Dual Core @ 1.6Ghz per core or a CoreDuo @ 2Ghz with 4GB Ram and a motherboard with at least a 533Mhz Frontside Bus (preferably 800Mhz)
Ghost
Ghost
Forum Reaper
Forum Reaper

https://winbutton.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 am

Ghost wrote:

I agree with Noob,

There are ways to make a PC boot Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or any of the newer Mac OS's I am pretty sure "Boot Camp" will do it when configured to run from DOS. I know that the reverse works (Boot Camp running on Mac OS 10.6 launched from "Terminal" can boot Windows 7 in Parallels)

So, long story short, do some research, make sure it is possible (I am like 95% sure it CAN be done, may take some work though) If it is then but a beast of a Lappy as you need at least a Dual Core @ 1.6Ghz per core or a CoreDuo @ 2Ghz with 4GB Ram and a motherboard with at least a 533Mhz Frontside Bus (preferably 800Mhz)
that can be done but you need custom firmware installed on the board, trust me, i would get a windows machine myself but i doubt CK wants to buy a new laptop then figure out new firmware and keep everything updated, in the long run its just easier for him

its a laptop for school, all he needs is his browser, office apps and game dev software

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  Oh No Im A Noob Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:03 am

I wouldn't be so against it if they didn't overprice their stuff so much. You can build a relatively high end PC for the price of a "cheap" mac.
Oh No Im A Noob
Oh No Im A Noob
Bringer of Lulz
Bringer of Lulz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2