The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Capture Card advice ?

2 posters

Go down

Capture Card advice ? Empty Capture Card advice ?

Post  CkSned Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:12 am

Right im seriously considering spending money on a capture card. Ive been looking around at a few but Im still not sure how well they will work with my macbook. My windows laptop is old and basically wont be good enough to edit hd videos. Plus I dont have any decent software to do it with.

Im looking for an external capture device, not one I need to put inside my macbook e.g blackmagic intensity pro. One that captures in HD and the video format will work with imovie for editing.

I looked at the HD PVR and the Blackmagic intensity shuttle. Both external devices with good reviews ect. But if you guys could help me out with the video formats working with imovie and what hardware/software I need to use a capture card on my macbook that would be great.

(Also, drag can you capture a video on whatever device you use and uploaded it for me to download. Then I could try it out with imovie)
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

https://www.youtube.com/CkSned

Back to top Go down

Capture Card advice ? Empty Re: Capture Card advice ?

Post  Drag Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 am

your best bet it the hdpvr, tonight before i goto bed i'll upload a video so you can have it for the morning (or afternoon for you)

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 am

Did a little more looking around, blackmagic shuttle needs usb 3.0 which I dont have on my macbook, its only 2.0

Basically means I need to use the hd pvr, but Im gonna have to buy software to go with it because the pvr software only works with windows.
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

https://www.youtube.com/CkSned

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 pm

look up a few tuts on youtube, they give you downloads and setup advice for macs and the hd pvr

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down