The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED

+2
Drag
John26
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED Empty Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED

Post  John26 Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:44 pm

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED Empty Re: Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED

Post  Drag Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm

kevin and twisted metal are the only good things they had

you can sugar coat the move all you want but its still an upgraded wii remote

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Lol Wii just sucks. All Nintendo got is the 3DS, which is just too childish for me. At least Sony's motion controller goes towards the hardcore.

Plus I think you missed Playstation Plus( I mean for 50 bucks a year you get 12 full games, 24 minis, and 12 PS one Classics. DEAL OF THE CENTURY not even including everything else), GT5, Killzone 3, 3D, and the most shocking announcement portal 2 on PS3.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 pm

meh

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Lol how is that meh.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:02 am

I'm looking forward to 3ds, I really want a ds for pokemon and all the 3d games sound awesome.

I will be getting a ps3 but not a move. Kinect is good enough for me, maybe i'll ask for move for christmas. But just because i'm not getting it, means that it's not better than wii because imo it looks like it's way better than wii.
nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 am

And also not really anyone won.

Microsoft showed off Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, and Kinect and the new xbox.

Nintendo showed off a new zelda, kirby, donky kong, goldeneye, 3ds, kid icarus, plus many many more.

Sony had move, killzone 3, twisted metal, and littlebigplanet.

They're all pretty equal to me.
nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Open Circle Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:16 am

I'm with Nub on this one, all three press conferences were amazing and the 3DS sounds awesome, especially with games like Pokemon, Starfox, and Mario.

While the lineup of games for the Kinect looks weak, the prospect of hands free games, integration of Xbox live and MSN messenger video chat, and navigating the dashboard Minority report style gets me a bit more excited for the Kinect than the Move.
Open Circle
Open Circle
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:09 am

Even if its priced at $150 dollars? Will that satisfied your minority report lol.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 am

If I had to rank each conference:

1 - Nintendo
2 - Sony
3 - MS

Just looking around different sites that don't have any Bias towards one group, that seems to be generally accepted by the majority of gamers and journalists right now.
Nintendo easily came out on top. They came out with the most titles and the 3DS is gaining a lot of buzz right now. They showed a new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Golden Eye, Epic Mickey, 3DS, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Golden Sun, the announcement that games like Metal Gear title from Konami, a Kingdom Hearts game from Square Enix, music titles from Activision, something from Harmonix, an Assassin's Creed game from Ubisoft, an all-new Resident Evil game from Capcom, Zelda OOT remake, Star Fox 64 remake, Mario Cart and more still popping up.

Sony next up. They had a weak start apart from Killzone 3 gameplay. They focused way too much on the whole 3D thing which no one can really afford right now even if they wanted it. But eventually they came trough with GT5, Twisted Metal, Infamous 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, AC: Brotherhood Multi beta and exclusive content, MOH exclusive content, Mafia 2 exclusive content, Dead Space gameplay and of course, Valve coming out and announcing Portal 2 for the PS3 with Steam and stating to be the "best version on any console". And with Steam support, I don't find that hard to believe.
And the beautiful Kevin Butler giving the best gamer speech ever:

Then MS. What can I say really. Nearly all the "hardcore" games shown had already been announced or shown months back (except Rising). Reach, Fable and Rising were announced at last years E3, Gears was announced already as was COD. And one teaser trailer. All of which pushed to the side for some Wi- err Kinect Sports.
This will haunt my nightmares:
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am

John Sometimes Dies wrote:Even if its priced at $150 dollars? Will that satisfied your minority report lol.
That's just 50 more than move.

And Jak, very good analysis, I agree with you on all of that. Nintendo also pretty much shocked everyone when they revelead kid icarus lol.

And kinectimals will haunt me forever also...
nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:00 pm

Open Circle wrote:I'm with Nub on this one, all three press conferences were amazing and the 3DS sounds awesome, especially with games like Pokemon, Starfox, and Mario.

While the lineup of games for the Kinect looks weak, the prospect of hands free games, integration of Xbox live and MSN messenger video chat, and navigating the dashboard Minority report style gets me a bit more excited for the Kinect than the Move.
I agree with you about the kinect. It just looks like alot of fun with some of the games they showed and there will be plenty more in the future.

It's just all preferential whether you like the wii, move, or kinect.

IMO Move looks like the wii but 10x better, and also IMO the kinect looks more fun and more fun to use, which is why I will buy it first. And i'm also just a xbox fanboy Razz
nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED 903426984_Tg2it-L
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Static Jak wrote:Microsoft and Wii gets DESTROYED 903426984_Tg2it-L
LOLYES

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/kinect-only-works-standing.html

LMAO it gets worst by the day. I was so pumped for the next full racing game to have 100% support with kinect. Out of the question now. You even have to stand to navigate menus. ROFLCOPTER

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Open Circle Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:08 am

John Sometimes Dies wrote:http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/kinect-only-works-standing.html

LMAO it gets worst by the day. I was so pumped for the next full racing game to have 100% support with kinect. Out of the question now. You even have to stand to navigate menus. ROFLCOPTER
Oh noes, I have to stand....

Besides, isn't the whole point of motion controls is to be in "motion" and not sit in down? The selection of games that Microsoft reveled and demoed, all require the player (or players) to be upright and standing, or how else would you play Dance Central, Kinect sports/adventure, or work out with Your Shape.

I can still navigate the menus with my voice and I only need one Kinect for four players, not separate controllers for everyone. The Sony Move and Microsoft Kinect have their own advantages and weaknesses, I just prefer the Kinect because it offers a different experience rather than something that was already accomplished with the Wii.
Open Circle
Open Circle
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:52 am

Give me a game that does not copy off Wii Sports, Wii whatever animals, Wii Mario Cart, Wii Fit.

Give me a game where I can say " Wow I will not have to appear offline and hide my achievements to play this game."

Give me a game with BLOOD, HEADSHOTS, Something!

Being a driver is not FUN when you have to STAND, nor does it feel like being one.

Shouting Xbox at my TV so I can waste a extra 5 seconds to go Netflix and another 5 to start up the next episode of 24 or Prison Break is not worth what it is rumored to be $150 dollars. If it was cheap they would have announced it at E3. So my bets go to the higher range.

I am a gamer I play games to relax and relieve stress. Not jump over and by obstacles. Sure its awesome technology. But, it doesn't mean every game needs to be a exercise. Just like how games story and missions are paced the right way to make it smooth and fun. Make a game WITH a story, that has high action sequences, and relaxing cut scenes. Kinect is just begging for a Portal like game.

Hell I would take a Microsoft Plane or Helicopter Simulator. Except I would have to stand. That is out of the question.

This may be my last year with the 360. After I get a good ten days on Reach, few on Gears, and some on Fable. I'm done. I just have this weird feeling the 360 will slowly turn into another Wii. They gave Halo Reach like what 4 mins on stage(Gameplay). THAT FUCKING KINSHIT ADVENTURES GOT TWICE AS MUCH. WHAT DOES THAT SAY!

At least and my point is that Playstation moves lets me play hardcore games.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:58 am

Each Move controller also costs $50 dollars and the analog stick one costs $30. That's $80 for one move controller set.
nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:11 am

Why do you keep bringing that up? That's not my point. MOVE = HARDCORE GAMES. KINECT NOT. I TARZAN.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Sure kinect is all you need and your whole family can hop in. Well I am sorry Microsoft my house is not a mansion. I would die to see me my mom my dad and my sis all in my room or the family room playing fucking the next Furry Hentai Game or Kinect Sports.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 am

I beg Microsoft. Make Dead Rising 2 fully Kinect compatible. How I love to swing my cock to the screen to kill zombies.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:55 am

kinect is for the casual gamers and is marketed for the casual gamers, we hae yet to see when and even if any hardcore titles will have kinect support
and even if for example gears 3 had kinect support, im still playing that with a controller like any other shooter or hardcore game

move is an upgraded wiimote, its been done

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:11 pm

now literally, sitdown

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  BootlegToe Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Drag wrote:move is an upgraded wiimote, its been done
This. The PS3 Move is just a Wiimote that you can use to play regular games. OMG SO HARDCORE DOG. And Microsoft has been focusing on the core market for years now, which is why they've decided to go all out on the casuals.

BootlegToe
Now you know chamika really isn't black
Now you know chamika really isn't black

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:31 pm

Drag wrote:now literally, sitdown
I was just about to post this.
nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down