The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3

+8
nubinatubb
Destructo
Static Jak
Open Circle
skitty
CkSned
Pho3niX
Drag
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

E3                           - Page 3 Empty Re: E3

Post  Destructo Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm

E3                           - Page 3 1307394050564
Destructo
Destructo
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  BootlegToe Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:07 pm

CkSned wrote:So from what ive read on IGN sonys press conference was pretty average too. Not a great deal to see other than things we already new about. Alot of handheld stuff, few HD remakes, move and ps3 exclusives.

Pretty much on par with ms. Microsoft probably edges it a little with the introduction of a new dash, partners for xbox, live tv and the new halo games.
Both weren't average, they were mediocre at best. Microsoft dicked around and pushed Kinect down everyone's throats, Sony didn't do much because they had tp reserve most of the time for the Vita. Nintendo wins just by showing up, although that controller looks uncomfortable as fuck.

BootlegToe
Now you know chamika really isn't black

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 pm

I would say all in all this years e3 was shit. No-one really blew me away. The only thing exiting to me was the announcement of the halo games, but they were leaked hours before anyway so it killed the surprise.

Nintendo's new console isn't anything like we expected. If they are bringing out something new it shouldnt just have at least matched the graphics of the current. It should have surpassed them. Its a nintendo wii with the ability to play 360/ps3 games and a fancy controller. Disappointed.
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

https://www.youtube.com/CkSned

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:01 pm

CkSned wrote:
Nintendo's new console isn't anything like we expected.
We've known since it was leaked that it would be matching the PS3 and 360 tech wise.
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Static Jak wrote:
CkSned wrote:
We've known since it was leaked that it would be matching the PS3 and 360 tech wise.

I thought it was going to surpass them graphically, seems a bit crazy bringing out a new console which only matches one thats 5 years old. If they wanted this thing to have a long lifetime they should have stepped it up in my opinion.
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 pm

CkSned wrote:
Static Jak wrote:
CkSned wrote:

I thought it was going to surpass them graphically, seems a bit crazy bringing out a new console which only matches one thats 5 years old. If they wanted this thing to have a long lifetime they should have stepped it up in my opinion.
It'll have a pretty decent lifespan. At the soonest, 2 years till the next gen and even then, hardly like the U will disappear. They'll just revert to more 1st party focused.
Even then, like most gens, we're talking a year to 2 years after release of the first new console where games will be multiplat between new and last gen which is why exclusives are important for a next gen console to show the horsepower and warrant a purchase.

So we're talking 2-4 years here until they would possibly revert to 1st party focus again. All depending on how next gen and Wii U turns out. Plus how MS and Sony treat the PS3 and 360 once they have next gen. Most likely they won't be eager to suddenly drop their large communities afterall.
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Main thing that gets me excited is the idea of JRPGs games being made with this screen in particular. Imagine games like the DS version of FFIV or DQ9 or even TWEWY but with the power and potential of at least a 360 backing it up.

It could be the equivalent of a super DS in some ways. It opens up a lot of possibilities for both us and devs.

There's a reason we rarely see these kind of games anymore. If you took what they said about remaking VII, you get a good idea of their mindset. The idea that it'd take 10 years to make now. But that's based on the idea that we all want those kind of games with the same graphical settings as XIII or we don't want them at all. Budget and time wise, making FFs like they used to is tough and incredibly long with big risk while trying to match up to all the other AAA games.

Here, they don't have to worry as much about having the biggest, baddest graphics around. Because you've got a much smaller screen and a high resolution isn't a giant concern. Maybe they could offer games "like" FF7 with its painted backgrounds and so on. Where gameplay trumps graphics.

The Wii U offers a chance here that they generally can't do with AAA console titles anymore.

A smaller team to work on those titles that are based on the same style as the classic FFs. From the amazing 6 to the PS1 classics. Of course you'll need a team who wants to make them too, not just going through the motions But that's obvious.

Make a whole new series out of it and call it Final Fantasy Senex (Latin for old).

There's big opportunities here.
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  BootlegToe Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:25 pm

CkSned wrote:I would say all in all this years e3 was shit. No-one really blew me away. The only thing exiting to me was the announcement of the halo games, but they were leaked hours before anyway so it killed the surprise.

Nintendo's new console isn't anything like we expected. If they are bringing out something new it shouldnt just have at least matched the graphics of the current. It should have surpassed them. Its a nintendo wii with the ability to play 360/ps3 games and a fancy controller. Disappointed.

I agree except for the Halo part. Another whole trilogy? Think about this, can you really say "Halo 6" with a good taste in your mouth?

And as far as the Wii U goes, think about the possibilities, you can always have your map/inventory up during a game with easy access to everything on the screen, setting a way point, one touch, selecting an item, one touch. You can have a game within a game, think about a game like Silent Hill where you are crazy, you can have some shit you have to navigate around on the main screen while having to play a minigame on your small screen to keep your sanity and as you succeed or fail in the minigame it affects your perception of reality on the big screen. Does it have the motion sensing capabilities of the Wiimote? If so, you now have an Xray/Thermal Scanner that shows you different parts of the screen depending on where you aim it.

Of course, this is assuming devs want to try that instead of sticking with the HURR WAGGLE MINIGAMES COLLECTIONS SHOVELWARE concept.

BootlegToe

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 pm

"Earlier this week we learned that Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming to the Wii U. Today the developer explained some of the really cool ways you'll be playing the game with Nintendo's tablet-like controller for their new console.

The most important thing Randy Pitchford told us during our discussion about the Wii U version of the game with him today, is that the high-definition first-person shooter will be completely playable on the Wii U controller with the television off. That means you can play through the entire shooter on the tablet's screen while someone is watching television.

There are also a lot of very neat things players will be doing with that screen-touting controller as well in the game, Pitchford says.

The device will, at times, become the game's motion tracker, a device in the fiction of the Alien universe that can track the location of enemies and friendlies by their motion. Pitchford explained that players may be asked to sweep their controller around them, looking for approaching enemies, which will show up as blips on the display of the controller.

The Wii U controller will also become a fully interactive map at times. In this mode, players will be able to play with a full map of the area much like we see Private William Hudson doing in the movie Aliens.

Finally, Pitchford said that players will use the display on the controller to play a mini-game used to hack doors in the game."
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:42 pm

the wiiu sounds exciting but i don't know if i want to invest money in a new console that matches this generation

i just need to see more of it in action before i form an opinion

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  BootlegToe Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Static Jak wrote:"Earlier this week we learned that Gearbox Software's Aliens: Colonial Marines is coming to the Wii U. Today the developer explained some of the really cool ways you'll be playing the game with Nintendo's tablet-like controller for their new console.

The most important thing Randy Pitchford told us during our discussion about the Wii U version of the game with him today, is that the high-definition first-person shooter will be completely playable on the Wii U controller with the television off. That means you can play through the entire shooter on the tablet's screen while someone is watching television.

There are also a lot of very neat things players will be doing with that screen-touting controller as well in the game, Pitchford says.

The device will, at times, become the game's motion tracker, a device in the fiction of the Alien universe that can track the location of enemies and friendlies by their motion. Pitchford explained that players may be asked to sweep their controller around them, looking for approaching enemies, which will show up as blips on the display of the controller.

The Wii U controller will also become a fully interactive map at times. In this mode, players will be able to play with a full map of the area much like we see Private William Hudson doing in the movie Aliens.

Finally, Pitchford said that players will use the display on the controller to play a mini-game used to hack doors in the game."
See that's what devs should be doing. And kudos to Nintendo for finally getting third party support.

BootlegToe

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:39 am

The aliens game idea is sweet. But like drag said, I dont really want to spend money on a new console with the same graphics capabilities as the one I already have.

Plus the wiiU isn't out until 2012 and by that time we could well be seeing the next gen from sony or 360
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  CkSned Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:10 am

CkSned
CkSned
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  nubinatubb Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:39 am

nubinatubb
nubinatubb
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  John26 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:46 am

saints 3 omfg awesome

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghost Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm

The Wii2 is really the biggest thing for me right now. I just keep praying teh haxzorz can release a stable HackMii quickly. If so then this is win....

p.s. has anyone else noticed that you can play google like a guitar today.......
Ghost
Ghost
Forum Reaper
Forum Reaper

https://winbutton.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:37 am

since e3 is over this thread will be unpinned but feel free to keep posting in it

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum