The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I swear...

3 posters

Go down

I swear... Empty I swear...

Post  Static Jak Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:13 pm

Some people these days are just completely brain washed. On the xbox forums you have a guy who actually thinks that because Valve will update Portal 2 trough steamworks on the PS3, that it'll be more "buggy" because things like MS TCR (Sony has this too) won't be part of it. Even though he's never used Steam. The TCR being the reason things like DLC is a bit later than PC versions since the TCR is Technical Certification Requirements. The testing part.

But here's the thing, It's not like testing the game for hidden bugs and so on that devs do. The TCR (or TRC) has been around since at least the PS1 gen for consoles. Basically, before a game came out, it would be sent to Sony and tested for specific things.
When I say specific I mean they had/have a list of specific requirements the game must pass. Certain copyrights and odd requirements. Like for example, at one point I remember hearing that on the PS1, one requirement was there had to be at least less than 5 seconds of a black screen at the beginning for loading. I heard the Xbox (original) was something like 0.5 but I'm not sure. Consider it like the requirements of a PC game. Sort of.

Anyway, these "requirements" are known to developers. As in MS, Sony give them the list of these requirements so they already know. We don't have this list because it's not public, though you could always try and register as a developer
The TCR that applies to the PS3, 360 also applies to the games DLC and patches too. Which is why most bugs can get through if the devs didn't pick them up just like in full retail copies. Because devs have already made sure their game passes these TCR rules in the first place. And that's al that MS is making sure of. Like a big checklist. TCR isn't what you consider "bug testing" like Devs do.

That's why crap like The Pitt DLC that was near unplayable because of bugs got through, or the FN4 DLC that had to be removed later. Because if the Devs don't pick it up, MS more than likely won't either.
Yet he's still confident that it's actually necessary. Why? Because he "cant believe the list of requirements are put in place by Sony, Microsoft, etc, without good reason." It's dead simple, it's because it's their hardware and they want to make sure anything that goes on their hardware doesn't do damage to it like messing up the dash or something stupid like that. Doesn't look good for them.

It's this kind of mentality that worries me. The same kind of people who try and justifies MS charging of Gold. They do it because they can because they're a business. Same reason why DLC and game prices rise.

Some people just swallow whatever crap they're told these days...
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

I swear... Empty Re: I swear...

Post  John26 Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Its Modern Warfare 2. It rots their minds. I know bunch of people who have 25 days played on that game and I know they will keep playing for a while. A month. A month of your life wasted on the big piece of shit in the world. You are never going to get that time back. Wouldn't you like to put some of that time into a real game like Dragon Age, Fallout, Alan Wake, maybe your homework, or projects.

Plus I hear call of duty everywhere I go.

About the MS points. You got all these people who minds are rotted by Modern Warfare 2, they release 2 1200 points packs. All of those kids buy it without even looking at the maps or how many come with it. lol.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Drag Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 pm

oh xbox.com, you cant take anyone on there anymore

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content