The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pizza and vegetables

5 posters

Go down

pizza and vegetables  Empty pizza and vegetables

Post  Drag Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 pm

so is this true or is reddit just trolling ?

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Back to top Go down

pizza and vegetables  Empty Re: pizza and vegetables

Post  CkSned Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Drag wrote:so is this true or is reddit just trolling ?

Wat ?
CkSned
CkSned
No not really

https://www.youtube.com/CkSned

Back to top Go down

Post  CHAMIKA Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:42 pm

CkSned wrote:

Wat ?

It's a bill that's supposed to be going through congress which declares that pizza is a vegetable so food corporations won't have to spend money on vegetables for school lunches.

If the federal government does handle school lunch, then that would just be another instance of the government cock slapping the Bill of Rights (10th amendment in this case).

I'm pretty sure that school lunches are managed by the state/local governments, not the federal government, so I think it's most likely trolling.

Although the Huffington Post says otherwise. (Keep in mind that Huffington is just a blog btw)
CHAMIKA
CHAMIKA
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Static Jak Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

CHAMIKA wrote:
CkSned wrote:

Wat ?

It's a bill that's supposed to be going through congress which declares that pizza is a vegetable so food corporations won't have to spend money on vegetables for school lunches.
That is the most absurd yet funniest fucking thing I've heard in ages. So probably true.
Static Jak
Static Jak
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Open Circle Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Nothing new really. Most states already claim that the potatoes in French fries and the tomato sauce in pizza fill the required federal daily serving of veggies.

Since our country has pretty much the highest rate of child obesity, Obama basically wanted to have a new federal standard on school lunches so that kids would have access to fresh healthy foods made with actual veggies. Instead his bill was shot down in congress by special interest groups that sold the shit school lunches and they managed buy out or convince enough Republican votes in congress to pass a bill to allow pizzas to be considered as a veggie.

How most Republicans or conservatives are even in office just completely baffles me. It just really pisses me off that they would rather have corporations, whose sole interest is to make as much money as possible, control the general health of children rather than be seen agreeing with Obama. At the end of the day, it's just a stupid political knee-jerk reaction that doesn't benefit anyone except greedy businesses.

CONGRESS I R DISAPPOINT
Open Circle
Open Circle
No not really

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum