So question about a new processor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So question about a new processor

Post  nubinatubb on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:09 pm

I have a 2.0 processor right now, and i'm looking for one that is 2.4 or higher.

Is it possible to buy a new one for my laptop and have it installed? or do I need to buy a whole new computer.
avatar
nubinatubb
No not really

Posts : 589
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  nubinatubb on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:15 pm

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product-geforce-gtx-460-us.html

would buying this work?
avatar
nubinatubb
No not really

Posts : 589
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  Drag on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:38 am

are you looking for a processor upgrade or a graphics card upgrade ?

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  nubinatubb on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:09 am

Drag wrote:are you looking for a processor upgrade or a graphics card upgrade ?
whichever one would help me play games on high video settings without my computer crashing.
avatar
nubinatubb
No not really

Posts : 589
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  Open Circle on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:37 am

nizzubinatizzub wrote:
Drag wrote:are you looking for a processor upgrade or a graphics card upgrade ?
whichever one would help me play games on high video settings without my computer crashing.
What's your current graphics card?

And RAM?
avatar
Open Circle
No not really

Posts : 491
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  nubinatubb on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:10 am

Open Circle wrote:
nizzubinatizzub wrote:
Drag wrote:are you looking for a processor upgrade or a graphics card upgrade ?
whichever one would help me play games on high video settings without my computer crashing.
What's your current graphics card?

And RAM?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz

4gb ram
avatar
nubinatubb
No not really

Posts : 589
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  Drag on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:29 pm

unless you have the know how of building a computer i suggest you get a new rig, because when putting in a new vid card you have to take in the type of processor and if your power supply can handle it

Drag
Drahg
Drahg

Posts : 1323
Join date : 2009-11-11
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  Open Circle on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:55 pm

nizzubinatizzub wrote:
Open Circle wrote:
nizzubinatizzub wrote:
Drag wrote:are you looking for a processor upgrade or a graphics card upgrade ?
whichever one would help me play games on high video settings without my computer crashing.
What's your current graphics card?

And RAM?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz

4gb ram
Lol. I meant graphics card, not processor. =P

For example, my laptop has a ATI HD 4650 (1024 mb of dedicated memory) graphics card.
avatar
Open Circle
No not really

Posts : 491
Join date : 2009-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  nubinatubb on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:48 pm

My bad :p

NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GTS
avatar
nubinatubb
No not really

Posts : 589
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So question about a new processor

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum