The Win Button
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planetside 2

Go down

Planetside 2 Empty Planetside 2

Post  John26 Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:34 am

Seriously the urge for me to play this game, hell even the beta is equivalent to the urge of a heavy cocaine user who has been unable to have access to cocaine for a month.

I played the first game in it's prime, it had a subscription fee, it had hackers, and connections sucked back then. Although when everything worked out the game was fun as hell and is in my top ten all time games.

The second one is looking to come either at the end of the year or early next with a beta soon. Most likely a long one because each server will be a completely persistent world with 3 continents each I believe to be 8 km by 8km(Lots of server stress test). Three different factions waging war with hundreds of players on each side. Hardware wise they want computers 4-5 years old to be able to play, and the game will be completely free except for purchase I think. There will be micro-transactions but it will not be pay-to-win.

Everything you can buy with cash can be bought with in game resources.

Here is a 45 min video at GDC.

They say it's in Alpha, but people have pics of the icon for this build and it said "Beta" on it. To me it looks like they got some finishing touches to do, and lots of bugs and such.

I really can not wait.

John26
No not really

Back to top Go down